IVARO Tube Handler
The IVARO TUBE HANDLER is a processing centre for screw cap micro tubes, centrifuge tubes and other laboratory vessels with screw caps. Its unique design and variability mean that diverse operations that used to be performed manually can now be automated simply and safely.
At IVARO's core is a double robotic arm: two parallel arms can grasp and hold the vessels vertically (by the cap) and horizontally (by the body of the tube). Both arms can rotate continuously around their own axis. This unique concept means that the IVARO TUBE HANDLER can not only remove tubes and bottles from racks but can also cap and decap them.
In addition, the arm also has a barcode scanner, as well as a dispensing comb for up to three liquids. This means that standard processes such as recording samples and dispensing liquids can be performed within the IVARO TUBE HANDLER (on-the-fly), saving you time and increasing operational reliability as you no longer have to change the grip on the vessels or place them on external modules.
• Removing vials from racks vertically (i.e. from above)
• Detecting barcodes
• Opening and closing screw caps
• Placing vessels that are grasped from above or from the side on an integrated module, e.g. a balance or pipettor
• Adding liquids via the integrated comb
Extended functionality (external modules)
• Recording of tare weights and sample weights
• Shaking of tubes on tempered shakers
• Centrifugation of vessels
• External dispensing of liquids
• Printing barcodes and other labels and affixing them to tubes
• Preparing tubes for pipettors
The IVARO TUBE HANDLER is loaded either via channels with exchangeable racks or via sample or tube carriers (Hamilton, Tecan, Roche etc.) This can also be performed while the IVARO is processing another rack. User-friendly operation of the powerful A.WARE lab automation control software takes place via the built-in touch-screen monitor in the front panel of the device.
The fact that the control computer and electronics are placed above the device itself means that it takes up less space.
The IVARO TUBE HANDLER thus provides the foundation for reliable, fast and reproducible processing of your laboratory samples in tubes and bottles.